The Nichols Fire Department received a call for smoke in the house on Green Ridge Rd shortly before 3:00am August 2. Occupants of the home were awakened by operating smoke detectors throughout the home. First arriving fire apparatus on scene entered the structure finding a fire in the basement. The fire was extinguished and placed under control at 03:30.
All Nichols Fire apparatus responded to the scene, along with mutual aid from Trumbull Center and Long Hill. Additiona…l units from Shelton provided standby coverage at Nichols station 1.
The fire remains under investigation by the Trumbull Fire Marshal’s office. Nichols units cleared the incident at 05:17.
The Nichols Fire Department would like to remind all residents the importance of working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. “Had the residents not had working smoke detectors the outcome to the fire may have been tragic, Smoke detectors save lives”.